First Time Making Paper Flower Corsages

So a few days ago a friend texted me and asked if I could make her some corsages and boutonnieres for her prom. I didn't want to make them from fresh flowers (because that means I have to make them the day-of to be their freshest and best) so I suggested paper flowers instead. They were okay with it, but I was nervous - it was my first time making paper corsages after all. But it turned out better than I expected so I wanted to share it with you guys!



To make this, I used the following templates:

and Supplies:
I made two sets - one in blue:


and one in gray:



It's basically just constructing the flowers and then arranging them to form your desired arrangement. Add the pearl sprays and the leaves, wrap them in floral tape, and then wrap them in ribbon. I had a bit if difficulty constructing the wrist corsages, but once I got the hang of it it became easier. I finished off the backs with felt to attach the bar pins for the boutonnieres and ribbon for the wrist corsages. 

Here's a closer look at the corsage pins:

And the blue:


I actually found making this enjoyable. I don't know which I like more - the blue or the gray. What about you? I hope this inspired you to make your own corsages for your prom or even wedding - hope your week is great so far!

15 comments

  1. Aki these are absolutely gorgeous! I love the blue and white corsage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zakkiya! I love it too, except since it was one of the first ones I made it was a lot of trial and error. Haha!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I die for paper flowers. I like the grey best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! The gray did turn out really nice.

      Delete
  3. These are stunning! And I love that they'll never wilt! Fantastic job, Aki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! The won't wilt except when they get wet it's a really bad thing. :))

      Delete
  4. My favorite is the white+gray combo. It'd be cute with gold or faded light pink too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh the light pink and gold is pretty. I wish I had prom still. Haha! You should totally store that idea for your future prom Angeline. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, so beautiful and a lovely keepsake too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it will be, for them. :)

      Delete
  6. They are gorgeous, Aki! I personally love the bright blue combo, but maybe you would want to match it with your friend's prom dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Onel! And I did, one wanted blue and the other wanted gray, although when I saw her dress it was darker than the gray I used. Oh well! They still thought it was pretty :)

      Delete
  7. You did Lia and Lori proud - these are lovely. Lucky friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! It was difficult at first but when I got the hang of it it got easier. :)

      Delete
  8. Great idea...live the great even though the blue us gorgeous...I'm going to replace the plain paper with paper that has Bible versus on it as this is for a men's gathering

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top